Wednesday, July 9, 2008

yesterday...

went for an ultrasound yesterday morning, just to check on a few things and everything looked great. and seeing our newest little baby is so exciting. "only" 10 weeks to go!

instead of chasing the kids around the office, anthony opted to stay home and watch them. when i told ella where i was going, she said, "oh, the place with the school bus toy." yes, that's the one. "ohhh," she said, sounding disappointed. "they have an elevator. and can i ride it again sometime before i die?" i'm sure we can work that out.

so as i pulled into the driveway, i envisioned what it might be like inside as the kids hear the sound of the garage door opening. because every time this plays out, i am usually the one on the inside watching the kids faces light up with excitement when the realization hits that, YES, daddy is home! its like he is bringing the entire disney parade with him based on the sheer excitement erupting from within. i have to hold them back from the door to keep them from getting run over in the anticipation to greet daddy as soon as he opens the car door.

imagine my disappointment when the door didn't open from the house and my 2 kids didn't come tumbling out in a frenzy to greet me. hmmm... is it possible that maybe daddy is just far more exciting than i am? as i opened the door (all by myself) i was faced with the cold, hard truth. daddy is definitely way more fun. this is what greeted my eyes.

so what does one do with a tent up the middle of the family room? endless opportunities await. make the most of it. crank the music up, dance, play with toys, read stories, picnic lunch, attempt nap time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes ... but if one of them would have fallen after climbing to the top ... who would they want then? Ummm-hmm ... you. Does that make you feel any better? And, the new Naimo is going to want you every 3 hours ... but that probably doesn't make you feel any better. Why can't they want Daddy at 3 am?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, mommy's are chop liver when they have their choice of all day mama or always fun daddy. It's true, a few more months and baby naimo will make you feel super loved every 2-3 hours! LOL Sleep now!!!!! BTW, I must say, baby naimo looks like a boy from the recent picture! Hmmmmm....

Anonymous said...

I was asking Hank the other day to pull out our brand new tent that we purchased two years ago and never used so that Taylor could play in it and he said it was too big for our living room. I will just have to show him your blog....

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you only have 10 weeks to go stephanie, that's so neat to see the 3-D u/s. I can see as my two get older that they won't be jumping up and down to see me like they do their dad. Must come with the mom territory :). I love all the fun stuff you guys do with your kids!

Anonymous said...

I just saw your blog! Anthony you're the man! When my kids get old enough I will definitely follow your lead and pop the tent. I love the outstretched arms of Ella. That speaks a thousand words! Hank