Monday, July 21, 2008

precious sleep

there are a few things i simply cannot make it through the day without... God, a smile from my husband, a latte, and nap time.

i love that ella is on this kick now where she sleeps with her backpack on. (she tells me its something to do with curious george...) and i love that bennett often sleeps with his hands behind his head, just chillin'. but most of all, i just love that they sleep.


i do love my children. very much. but there is something about the break in the day that makes me appreciate them even more. this may sound bad to some of you, but i know you fellow mothers of little ones know exactly what i mean.

"The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed." - unknown

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Stephanie ... this is such a precious post. I don't have kids, but I DID live with my sister and her family for a year. She has two little ones, ages 2 and 4. And I can fully appreciate what you have to say. There is something so endearing and tender about children when they sleep. I think God knew we'd need to see them in all their sweetness and vulnerability ... not to mention a little bit of rest ourselves!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think God designed children to need naps more for the sake of the parents than for the children!! Ha Ha! Gotta LOVE nap time!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister, amen.
Christina