Thursday, August 27, 2009

observations...

i like statcounter. its the number counter that tells everyone who cares (for instance, me and me alone) how many people stop by my blog. and it has other fun tools as well.

such as how someone might venture onto my blog.

like if a lovely friend links to me.

or if you find my blog on my facebook page.

or...

if you google something interesting that causes my little ol' blog to pop up.

for instance...

over the past week, i have been humorously surprised at the number of people who google "the most expensive bracelet." granted, someone may be intentionally looking for the mildly entertaining blog entry of bennett's ER adventure. but i doubt it. especially if you are googling from south africa, england, or pretty much anywhere on the face of the earth, for that matter.

so its been like 11 people in the last week. and my blog comes up first out of 927,000 "similar" matches.

first.

humbling to say the least.

5 comments:

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

it's weird isn't it? today someone apparently found my blog by googling 'when does my child need a tetanus shot' or something like that. interesting...

Jennifer said...

Hmmm... I'm not familiar with stat counter - sounds neat, I'll have to check it out.

Got my shirt yesterday!! Thanks again!

JB said...

I am one of your random unknown fans. I'm actually friends with Angie and I just find her sense of humor (and blog) hilarious! She linked to you one day when she mentioned your parents' anniversary. I've been reading your blog ever since. Obviously you're both from the same gene pool because your writing is just as hilarious as Angie's! As a fellow mom, I appreciate your witty outlook on your kiddos! Thanks for sharing it!

Charlotte said...

So funny Stephanie! I have stat counter too ... but i haven't figured out how to get all those stats. I guess I'm not making good use of technology! :) So funny about the bracelet. BTW, I think -- instead of buying the most expensive bracelet -- they should just read your blog anyway.

luvsewe2 said...

Stephaine
Love your Blog, and follow it weekly..You really should write a book or something..One day you are so funny we (Becky and I) laugh til we cry and the next what you write is so heart warming that it give you food for thought. You truely have a gift. My sister is now one of your followers..You have groupies..lol..lol ..
You have a beautiful family.
Love to you
Cyndi(Lewis) Rindone aka Beckys Mom