Thursday, December 11, 2008

is something wrong?

i have a feeling it is going to be a good day. it is currently 7:57 and my 2 oldest children are STILL SLEEPING! a normal occurrence in homes all across america, it is indeed an extremely rare occasion here. bennett is usually up way before the sun and ella follows shortly after.

i awoke with a start when i realized there was light coming through my window and the house was quiet. did anthony take the kids to work with him? have they been kidnapped? i considered calling 911 because something is surely wrong, but i was afraid of waking them with my voice. instead i checked on them to make sure they were breathing and then tiptoed out to my baby cooing at the christmas lights.

i just don't know what to do with myself. hmmm... i should probably stop typing for now; they might hear the clacking and wake up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, enjoy the moment! My kids never want to sleep in the mornings except when they need to get up for school. I love reading your blog, girl, mom- power!
Christina

Anonymous said...

I am also the mother of an early riser... anytime it's much past 7:00 and he's not up, I am certain he has stopped breathing or something.

Glad you got a late start today!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Stephanie,

Yay for quiet morning time!!! I hope you all had (probably a noiser, but still) lovely day ... blessed by extra energy that only a quiet morning can lend. :)